Check out a round up of some of the world’s best culinary experience
The first restaurant of its kind in the country, The Firepit is elemental, natural and effortlessly romantic. Dishes including beef tenderloin with chimichurri, ‘your own catch’ and spiny lobster with bumbu spice and green papaya are cooked on the open flame of a flickering charcoal fire and served under the stars, at a sunken table and seating that have been carved from the sand. This is your castaway fantasy turned reality.
Set over the water and opened early 2020, fine-dining restaurant Yuzu and adjacent pool bar Yapa are sophisticated and sensational. In the latter, world-class mixologists serve creative cocktails inspired by the spirits and verve of South American and Japan – though the refined light-bites menu (think sashimi and tapas) and sublime sunset views are just as much of a draw. At elegantly designed Yuzu, Peruvian chef Diana Liliana Matute Moreno serves masterful Nikkei cuisine – a refreshing blend of Japanese and Peruvian influences – that makes respectful use of fabulously fresh fish. Line-caught, all seafood will be sustainably sourced from local fishermen.
Most thrillingly reached by jet ski, a nearby sandbank can be transformed into the ultimate setting for an intimate lunch; perfectly chilled Pol Roger and sushi might be complemented by dolphin sightings on sunset cruises by dhoni; an alternative to breakfast in bed, floating breakfasts are served on buoyant baskets and placed in villa pools for a fun start to another lazy morning.
One of the world’s top female chefs with three Michelin stars, Anne-Sophie Pic, debuted her entry into Asia with a remarkable restaurant in Raffles Singapore. The restaurant, La Dame de Pic, Raffles Singapore invites guests to discover the world of Anne-Sophie’s culinary identity, which reflects her search for aromatic complexity, combinations of flavours and powerful tastes that evoke emotions. The restaurant’s drinks menu presents an elaborate and diverse collection of pairings to add both intensity and harmony in the delicate art of tasting; consisting of wines, cocktails, whisky, sake, tea, coffee, dashi, broth and consommés. The wine list in particular offers a wide international base that leans towards the French regions, with a particular focus on Anne-Sophie’s birthplace, the Rhône Valley.
Located in the hotel’s dining room at the Main Building, the contemporary chic restaurant is beautifully designed with a graceful and soft palette that is reminiscent of Anne-Sophie’s favourite colours and materials: pastel shades and natural decorative elements such as leather or wood. The renowned chef is also a third-generation Michelin starred chef, following the footsteps of her grandfather and father, perfectly reflecting Raffles Singapore’s rich heritage.
Helmed by one of the most influential chefs in the modern Chinese culinary movement, celebrity MasterChef Jereme Leung has returned home to Singapore with yì by Jereme Leung. The contemporary Chinese restaurant is located on Level 3 of the newly restored Raffles Arcade.
yì, which stands for art in the Chinese language, awakens your appetite and senses. Alluding to the fine art of Chinese dining, it references centuries of culinary mastery woven into the intricacies of Chinese cuisine presented in the restaurant.
From Cantonese classics to adaptations of China’s ancient delicacies, Jereme uses single sourced and seasonal ingredients with a contemporary approach to deliver refinement and sincerity.
The restaurant is designed with modern sophisticated detailing and a soft white palette amidst the colonial architecture. Guests can also explore an immersive multi-sensory dining experience in the Experience Room with poetic dishes curated to evoke all five senses. For the hosting of private affairs, intimate private dining rooms are also available.
- W London Unveils Abstract Afternoon Tea With Brighton Artist Lois O’HaraW London partners with Lois O’Hara unveiling colourful afternoon tea: A Fusion of Well-being, Creativity and Culinary Delights Launched on 20th September, W London is proud to introduce an innovative collaboration with Brighton-based artist Lois O’Hara, redefining the traditional afternoon tea experience. This exciting partnership … Read more
- Víctor Gutiérrez x Roberto SihuayVíctor Gutiérrez x Roberto Sihuay: One Night Only Four Hands Dinner at LIMA Fitzrovia on 17th October 2023 On Tuesday 17th October, two of the world’s most exciting Peruvian chefs, two Michelin-starred Chef Víctor Gutiérrez of Restaurant Víctor Gutiérrez and the much-celebrated Roberto Sihuay of … Read more
- AA Awards for The Old Bell Hotel, MalmesburyAA Awards for The Old Bell Hotel, Malmesbury Adding to its long list of recent accolades, including Muddy Stiletto’s Best Hotel in the UK, The Old Bell in Malmesbury has now been awarded 4 Stars for its truly spectacular rooms, two AA Rosettes for its … Read more
- BALBLAIR LAUNCH 21 YEAR OLD WHISKYPatience, Deliciously Rewarded: Introducing Balblair’s exquisite 21 year old single malt whisky Prepare to indulge in the epitome of opulence as Balblair, the esteemed Highland single malt Scotch Distillery renowned for its unrivalled collection of extraordinary single malts, unveils its crowning jewel: the highly anticipated … Read more
- Artist Gergei Erdei X The MAINE Mayfair CollaborationArtist and Designer Gergei Erdei re-imagines The Drawing Room and Terrace at The MAINE Mayfair The theatrical takeover of the Terrace and Drawing Room invites guests to take a walk in the designers’ world Photo credit: Panna Donka Multi-disciplinary artist and designer Gergei Erdei stages … Read more