Woodford Reserve has announced that it will be extending Old Fashioned Week to run throughout the whole month of November, working alongside leading bars to offer top-quality takeaway and home-delivered versions of this iconic whiskey cocktail.
Pubs, bars and restaurants may be shut, but, despite lockdown, Woodford Reserve has collaborated with some of the nation’s favourite bars to treat whiskey lovers to a modern twist on this American classic cocktail. A favourite of bartenders worldwide, Woodford Reserve is the only whiskey to boast over 200 flavour notes, creating the perfect balance of taste. From its rich aroma on the nose, to its distinctive depth of flavour and characteristic colour, every drop is a true Spectacle for the Senses, designed to surprise and delight with each sip.
From Hawksmoor’s iconic ‘Fuller Fat Old Fashioned’ to Swift’s ready to pour Speakeasy at Home range, there’s truly an Old Fashioned cocktail to suit every taste – we’ve rounded up some of the best spots to order up an Old Fashioned ‘to go’ or have delivered direct to your door.
Coupette – Upgrade your takeaway game this month and treat yourself to a classic Old Fashioned cocktail from one of the best kept secrets on the London bar scene. Available through Deliveroo for £10 per bottle, it couldn’t be easier to enjoy a classic Old Fashioned from the comfort of home.
Swift – Soho favourite, Swift, will be serving up their bespoke cocktails straight to your door. Combining Woodford Reserve, silky demerara sugar, orange and Angostura bitters, Swift’s Old Fashioned is a classic not to be missed. All cocktails are available in either a pouch (2 serves) or a bottle (5 serves) and can be pour directly from fridge to glass!
Hawksmoor – Celebrate the Old Fashioned cocktail in true style with Hawksmoor’s ‘Fuller Fat Old Fashioned’. This irresistible cocktail combines the tastes and smells of Woodford Reserve, washed with brown butter and sweetened with tonka bean and chocolate to create the ultimate rich and indulgent digestif. Each 200ml bottle is available for delivery and takeaway and arrives pre-mixed; simply pour over ice and garnish with either a bay leaf or orange twist.
Or, for those looking to try their own hand at creating this classic cocktail, the Woodford Reserve Old Fashioned Gift Pack provides all the tools you need to get started on your mixology journey.
Featuring our iconic bottle, this recently launched gift pack includes Woodford Reserve’s signature Old Fashioned Syrup. Created in collaboration with some of the world’s leading bartenders, the 60ml syrup is a quick and simple way to create authentic Old Fashioned cocktails from the comfort of your own home.
Containing a blend of bitters, sugars and botanical extracts, our unique recipe has been specifically developed to carefully complement the signature taste of Woodford Reserve bourbon.
Simply pour 50ml of Woodford Reserve into a mixing glass, add 10ml of our Old Fashioned cocktail syrup, stir with ice for 30-40 seconds, strain into a serving glass, garnish with a lightly expressed orange peel and voila – the perfect Old Fashioned is no longer the secret of bartenders alone.
For more information on Old Fashioned Week 2020, visit: https://www.woodfordreserve.com/oldfashionedweek/
- Valentine’s Eating & Drinking at the Londoner HotelTO KICK OFF THE EVENING: ENJOY A SCENTED APÉRITIF MOMENT THE STAGE WITH MILLER HARRIS Leicester Square’s super boutique hotel, The Londoner, has collaborated with couture British fragrance house, Miller Harris to add a unique cocktail and perfume pairing to the menu at The Stage –…
- Easy solutions for Brits worried about new travel rulesEasy solutions for Brits worried or unaware of new travel rules New research reveals that only one in five (22%) know when the EU’s ETIAS waiver comes into force Half (46%) of Brits unfazed by introduction of mandatory biometric checks to enter Europe. It’s not…
- FAMOUS OLIVIER FAMILY’S ART COLLECTION TO GO UP FOR AUCTIONLEGENDARY OLIVIER FAMILY TO SELL PRIVATE COLLECTION OF WORKS BY THE GREAT LANDSCAPE & PORTRAIT ARTIST HERBERT OLIVIER Works offered by direct descent through the artist’s family – some never before seen works adorned Olivier home for more than 100 years Largest group of works…
- Vegan-friendly JamaicaIncreasing numbers of people are introducing more plant-based food to their diets or becoming fully vegan. With food being such an integral part of travel, traditional Rastafarian Ital food is a fantastic way to try a new cuisine, and a delicious and healthy vegan lifestyle! The home of reggae is not only known for its music, beautiful beaches, and warm people but…
- Rums for MumsLooking for the perfect gift for the woman who has it all this Mother’s Day? Look no further, we have the best rum for your mum. Whether she likes something a little spicier, she prefers a classic, or is partial to a vintage, there’s a…