The organisers of the Abu Dhabi Boat Show (ADIBS), the government-owned Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre, is pleased to announce details of this year’s event, which is scheduled to take place from 17-20 October.
I recently caught up with, ADIBS Show Director Alex Nicholl who outlined why 2018 is shaping up to be such a special year: “We are very pleased to have exceeded our forecast for the number of exhibitors which has now reached over 185; we also have 30 sponsors and partners confirmed. The show is brand new and the first time the government-owned Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (ADNEC) has organised a leisure marine and luxury yacht show. The support we have received from the international leisure marine industry in signing up to participate this year and the relevant Abu Dhabi Government departments, clubs and associations has been remarkable and the show is set to be a massive success in its first year.”
About the Abu Dhabi Boat Show
- 185 exhibitors and brands from 18 countries are confirmed for the show.
- Some of the committed UAE and International brands and partners include Gulf Craft, BehneMar Middle East, Mercedes Benz, Integro, Al Suwaidi Marine, Azimut, Bayliner, Emirates Palace, Beneteau, Benetti, Bertram, Boston Whaler, CRN, Art Marine, Ray Marine, Cranchi, Ferretti, Galeon, Hatteras, Heesen Yachts, Jeanneau, Lagoon, Mangusta, Delma Marine, Emirates Boats, Maori Yachts, Tullio Abbate, Prestige, Princess Yachts, Pershing, Raymarine, Riva, Exalto, Sea Ray, Sunseeker, Sunreef Yachts, Al Shaali Marine, Al Mazrooei Craft, Greenline Yacht Interiors, IMG Boats, and Safwa Marine.
- There will be a wide variety of motorised and non-motorised on water activities for visitors to experience with 23 different water sports and activities to try.
- All exhibitors who have committed to participate in the launch edition of the Abu Dhabi International Boat Show will be recognised as lifelong Founding Members of the Abu Dhabi International Boat Show in future editions and as a sign of appreciation and recognition will receive a number of special benefits in future additions of the show.
- Day one of the show is reserved as a VIP day for VIPs, dignitaries, government officials, special guests of exhibitors and the media.
- Exhibitors in the marina have the opportunity to conduct sea trials.
Mr Nicholl added: “The objective of the show is to not only deliver the highest quality international boat show for our exhibitors and visitors but also to promote Abu Dhabi both as a fantastic boating destination and also the culture and heritage of the city and ultimately to establish Abu Dhabi firmly in the international boat show calendar.”
Talking about the strategy for the show he said: “We have positioned ADIBS not to compete with but to complement the Dubai Boat Show. ADIBS will have its own unique identity, content and feel, and importantly with our show timing in October, it is at the start of the UAE boating season which the industry likes and is separated from the Dubai show which usually runs at the end of February.”
The Abu Dhabi International Boat Show will take place between the 17-20 October 2018 at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre with all the exhibits, yachts and activities taking place at the bespoke ADNEC Marina. The show will comprise both an on-water marina section and air conditioned on-land exhibition space.
About the author
Mike Derret is regional Regional Correspondent for IBI, a leading trade journal for the international leisure marine industry. www.ibinews.com