Above: Azzi Glasser | Credit: Karlina Vitolina, Image courtesy of Azzi Glasser
An array of luminaries and leading brands from the worlds of art, design, cinema, food and fashion including the Conran Family, Philippa Craddock, Barnaby Barford, Azzi Glasser, House of Hackney and Swarovski have donated unique and exquisite pieces. The group of works, which include bespoke one-offs and special commissions, have been meticulouslyselected and curated by Women for Women International’s supporters, ambassadors and partners to offer twenty unique and innovative experiences.
All proceeds from the #SheInspiresMe Auction will go to Women for Women International, a charity which supports women survivors of war to rebuild their lives. Since 1993, the charity has helped more than 479,000 marginalised women in Afghanistan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Iraq, Kosovo, Nigeria and Rwanda and South Sudan. Funds raised from the Auction will help Women for Women International reach their goal of enrolling 15,000 more women into their year-long training programme.
“The #SheInspiresMe Auction: 20 Unique Experiences is an incredible and varied collection of lots artfully crafted and designed by our supporters, ambassadors and partners. I am so grateful to all of those who have donated and supported this event. The money raised will help to empower women survivors of war and create sustainable change in conflict-affected countries.” Brita Fernandez Schmidt, Executive Director, Women for Women International – UK
Highlights up for auction include:
- Inspired by the work of Women for Women, Barnaby Barford has specially created aunique large scale drawing.
- The Conran family, in collaboration with Portmeirion, has created an eclectic dinner setfeaturing bold and striking designs.
- ‘Frida Kahlo in Flowers’ by Philippa Craddock is a beautiful sculpture designedexclusively for the V&A’s current exhibition. The piece stands at just over 2 metres tall and combines hundreds of silk flowers creating a sensational headpiece and a stunning homage to the artist.
- Award-Winning Perfume Designer Azzi Glasser, bespoke perfumer to the world’s famous artists, will devote her talent to create a bespoke Fragrance in beautiful bespoke Flacons and encased in a luxury hand-made box.
- Tickets to the world premiere and afterparty of the 25th instalment of the James Bond film franchise, along with a signed pair of Tom Ford sunglasses, as worn by Daniel Craig in Spectre.
- A once-in-a-lifetime private dining experience for 10 guests with Thomasina Miers, co- founder of Mexican restaurant group Wahaca.
- A luxury Rwandan safari from Journeys By Design, including a visit to Women for Women International’s project at Urugo Women’s Opportunity Centre.Sotheby’s auctioneer Isabelle Paagman will chair a live auction composed of the top lots at the London saleroom on 19th November during the exclusive reception event.
“I am thrilled and honoured to be working with Women for Women International on this event as their work is critically important. Through this fresh and exciting Auction, we are hoping to raise vital funds to support women survivors of war.” Isabelle Paagman, Senior Director, Senior International Specialist, Sotheby’s.
Special thanks go to:
Committee Tamar Arnon, Antonia Deeson, Azadeh Ghotbi, Lady Penelope Holmes, Stephanie
Jakubiak, Nina Moaddel, Michelle Yue
Honorary Committee Barbara Broccoli, Federica Fanari, Belma Gaudio, Pippa Harris, Maria Kastani, Narmina Marandi, Dame Helen Mirren, Samantha Rowe Beddoe
#SheInspiresMe Auction: 20 Unique Experiences
Online: 29 October 2018
Event: 19 November 2018
Auction Information: Rebecca Clarke – email@example.com