All-day Australian restaurant Milk Beach are delighted to announce that they are now open following on from an exciting expansion that saw them double in size after taking over the adjacent restaurant. The expansion saw Milk Beach enhance its evening service with a new dinner menu complimented by a new bar area, as well as an updated all-day brunch offering.
Situated on the beautiful private mews of Lonsdale Road, Milk Beach features an enlarged outdoor heated seating area with bespoke parasols for European-style alfresco street dining all year round. With neighbours including popular local craft brewer Wolf Pack Lager, Lonsdale Road become a lively destination with a street party vibe over the summer.
The new dinner offering by Head Chef Darren Leadbeater (Guillaume at Bennelong Sydney*** Aria Sydney**, Frenchie, Wild Honey* and Brunswick House) draws inspiration from the diverse cultures that make up modern, coastal Australian cuisine with highlights including:
- Cornish Sprats with Yoghurt Tartare and Tasmanian Pepperberry
- Gai-lan, Macadamia Cream, Black Garlic
- Squid Ink Tagliatelle, Cock Crab and Tomato Fondue
- Koji Marinated Chicken ‘Schnitty’ with Fermented Chilli Mayonnaise
- Seasonal Pie for Two (currently Thai Fish Curry Pie) and Carafe of Wine Special
- Coffee Custard Tart (using house-roasted single origin coffee)
The new bar features an international wine list of natural wines, cocktails and beer on tap including Wolfpack Lager and Stone & Wood from Byron Bay. Wines are sourced from independent winemakers who practise low-intervention wine-making so each bottle truly reflects the grapes and the land from which it comes. Guests are encouraged to enjoy a glass of wine at the bar or outside on the buzzing mews street. Milk Beach have also launched a new series of their popular wine tasting nights commencing on 31st October.
Alongside the new dinner offering, Milk Beach’s all-day brunch menu has been enhanced with a host of new dishes including:
- Folded Eggs with Vietnamese Crab Curry on House-Made Crumpet
- Sourdough English Muffin, XO Confit Duck, Korean Coleslaw, Fried Egg
- Buttermilk Pancakes with Wattle Seed Crème and Maple Syrup
- Soba Noodles with Confit Salmon and Bacon Dashi
ourced from around the world and traceable to the farm or cooperative, Milk Beach’s coffee is roasted weekly by co-founder and two-time UK Roasting Champion, Matthew Robley-Siemonsma.
Founder Elliot Milne commented, “Lonsdale Road is such a unique destination in London which is only going to get better over time, we couldn’t pass on the opportunity to expand the restaurant and our outside area, which we hope will help us get through these uncertain times and prosper when things normalise. We’ve always wanted more space, especially a bigger kitchen, and this will allow Darren, our brilliant Head Chef, to showcase his Australian inspired dishes with new dinner and brunch menus.”
Milk Beach is now open following on from expansive renovations with an updated evening offering from Head Chef, Darren Leadbeater. Guests will be able to drink and dine alfresco on the beautiful Lonsdale Road mews all year round with the expansion of a heated and covered terrace seating area.
For more information visit www.milkbeach.com
- The Owl® has Landed … Just in Time for National Bourbon DayThis luxury, ultra-premium award-winning Bourbon is a blend of Kentucky Owl 4-year-old wheat and high-rye bourbons, along with 5 ½-year and 8 ½-year-old Kentucky-sourced bourbons. Kentucky Owl The Wiseman is the latest addition to the Kentucky Owl portfolio, with its last blended bourbon, Confiscated™, released in 2019. Kentucky Owl The…
- Mijenta Releases Reposado Tequila in the UKMijenta, the award-winning artisanal tequila from the highlands of Jalisco has announced the launch of its Reposado
- Absorb the harmony of Harcourt GardensBerkeley’s next chapter of its landmark South Quay Plaza development is set to be a residential masterpiece of green space and residential bliss
- Discover the green heart of ItalyWith its incredible history, stunning landscapes and sumptuous food and wine, your first trip to Umbria will be the first of many
- Effortless coastal eleganceAt the heart of one of Europe’s most stunning destinations is a hotel and residence of unrivalled style and comfort