All-day Australian restaurant Milk Beach are delighted to announce that they are now open following on from an exciting expansion that saw them double in size after taking over the adjacent restaurant. The expansion saw Milk Beach enhance its evening service with a new dinner menu complimented by a new bar area, as well as an updated all-day brunch offering.
Situated on the beautiful private mews of Lonsdale Road, Milk Beach features an enlarged outdoor heated seating area with bespoke parasols for European-style alfresco street dining all year round. With neighbours including popular local craft brewer Wolf Pack Lager, Lonsdale Road become a lively destination with a street party vibe over the summer.
The new dinner offering by Head Chef Darren Leadbeater (Guillaume at Bennelong Sydney*** Aria Sydney**, Frenchie, Wild Honey* and Brunswick House) draws inspiration from the diverse cultures that make up modern, coastal Australian cuisine with highlights including:
- Cornish Sprats with Yoghurt Tartare and Tasmanian Pepperberry
- Gai-lan, Macadamia Cream, Black Garlic
- Squid Ink Tagliatelle, Cock Crab and Tomato Fondue
- Koji Marinated Chicken ‘Schnitty’ with Fermented Chilli Mayonnaise
- Seasonal Pie for Two (currently Thai Fish Curry Pie) and Carafe of Wine Special
- Coffee Custard Tart (using house-roasted single origin coffee)
The new bar features an international wine list of natural wines, cocktails and beer on tap including Wolfpack Lager and Stone & Wood from Byron Bay. Wines are sourced from independent winemakers who practise low-intervention wine-making so each bottle truly reflects the grapes and the land from which it comes. Guests are encouraged to enjoy a glass of wine at the bar or outside on the buzzing mews street. Milk Beach have also launched a new series of their popular wine tasting nights commencing on 31st October.
Alongside the new dinner offering, Milk Beach’s all-day brunch menu has been enhanced with a host of new dishes including:
- Folded Eggs with Vietnamese Crab Curry on House-Made Crumpet
- Sourdough English Muffin, XO Confit Duck, Korean Coleslaw, Fried Egg
- Buttermilk Pancakes with Wattle Seed Crème and Maple Syrup
- Soba Noodles with Confit Salmon and Bacon Dashi
ourced from around the world and traceable to the farm or cooperative, Milk Beach’s coffee is roasted weekly by co-founder and two-time UK Roasting Champion, Matthew Robley-Siemonsma.
Founder Elliot Milne commented, “Lonsdale Road is such a unique destination in London which is only going to get better over time, we couldn’t pass on the opportunity to expand the restaurant and our outside area, which we hope will help us get through these uncertain times and prosper when things normalise. We’ve always wanted more space, especially a bigger kitchen, and this will allow Darren, our brilliant Head Chef, to showcase his Australian inspired dishes with new dinner and brunch menus.”
Milk Beach is now open following on from expansive renovations with an updated evening offering from Head Chef, Darren Leadbeater. Guests will be able to drink and dine alfresco on the beautiful Lonsdale Road mews all year round with the expansion of a heated and covered terrace seating area.
For more information visit www.milkbeach.com
- THE ULTIMATE CHRISTMAS GIFT FOR SPORTS FANSEXPERIENCE FORMULA 1® LIKE NEVER BEFORE WITH MATCH HOSPITALITY AND SILVERSTONE Christmas is approaching at the pace of a finely tuned Formula 1® podium finisher, but you can still grab a gift that will delight the petrolhead in your life: a Formula 1® British Grand Prix…
- Desi Daru Vodka Unveils New Bottle DesignDesi Daru Vodka Unveils New Bottle Design Desi Daru, the trailblazing Indian-inspired premium vodka brand that has been setting the London bar scene ablaze, is thrilled to announce the unveiling of their impressive new bottle design. Designed in the UK and crafted in Italy, the…
- ELIJAH CRAIG SMALL BATCH BOURBON FOR CHRISTMASElijah Craig Small Batch Bourbon For Christmas Elijah Craig bears the name of Reverend Elijah Craig who established his distillery in 1789 on the banks of Elkhorn Creek in modern day Georgetown, Kentucky. He is credited with being the first distiller to age his whiskeys…
- Beauty And The FeastCelebrity Chef Creates Health and Beauty Enhancing Menu at Acclaimed London and Kent Restaurants Celebrity Chef Stuart Gillies will launch Beauty and the Feast this January at his London and Kent restaurants, for a delicious way to look and feel better after Christmas overindulgence. Husband…
- A Redefining ExhibitionA Redefining Exhibition Discover the capitvating works of renowned artists in a groundbreaking showcase that questions conventional perspectives Pforzheim’s Jewellery Museum is the world’s only museum in public ownership that is dedicated exclusively to jewellery. Its collections comprise thousands of historical, as well as contemporary…